Monday, December 3, 2007

The upside to UC

If there is an upside it has to be that I lost weight. At first, it was too much weight too fast, but now that I have my UC under control, I have gained some weight back. Now I am at a weight I am happy with. Having UC means having to eat right, which means no salads, no nuts, no red meats and no greasy foods. Steamed veggies are better than raw ones. Everyone is different so you have to find the foods that irritate you and eliminate them.

I am eating much better now and I feel better. My latest colonoscopy was clean and I was so thrilled. The Asacol is working great for me. I am lucky because I responded to the medicine. That's not always the case. I also had a mild attack. Given the intense pain I was in and how sick I was, I would hate to experience a severe attack. Remembering the pain is what keeps me on track with eating the right foods. That is not an area you where you want to be experiencing intense pain. Believe me. It was freaking me out.

It's kind of a bummer because I love nuts, especially walnuts, but nuts are the worst thing I can eat. Luckily they have improved on rice cakes because I can eat those. I may have to watch what I eat, but I look much better in a bathing suit now.

No comments: