Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Misunderstood

Sometimes it's hard to deal with an unseen disease. What I mean is that from the outside, I don't really look sick, I'm not in a wheel chair or I don't have a cast on any of my limbs. If one would look close enough, they would notice that I often look tired, but that is the only real indication that I am sick. While I may look healthy on the outside, I feel horrible on the inside. I don't think people understand when I make excuses to stay home and not participate because they don't know I am sick. And telling them I am sick is just as frustrating because I don't want to have to explain my illness. I'm not one to whine and complain to people, except to my husband or close family members. I don't think it's anyone's business. But then I feel like people think I'm weird. And then I believe that I am weird. Do I shy away from having to socialize because I am sick or is it because I hate to socialize? After a while, I don't know.

I wonder if other people with a chronic illness feel the same way—misunderstood.

Cheers and good health!

Colitis Chick

Discovery_Channel_Wolf_Poster_C10076615

My mad colon

No comments: